Thank you for your interest in partnering with HREG’s equitable internship program!
What Pathways to Clean Energy Careers can do for participating employers
- Match your company with under-represented students that are interested in pursuing careers in clean energy.
- Develop a set of best practices for your company to ensure a diverse and inclusive recruitment and hiring process.
- Strengthen your connections to the community by fostering local talent.
- Empower you with a framework to participate in ongoing mentorship development.
- Address the employment diversity challenge head-on by partnering with HREG to support women and students of color in Texas’ growing green jobs sector.
- HREG works with CoH and community organizations to target program to underrepresented Houstonians, setting up website and social media to advertise the program.
- Partner Employers (PEs) share internship job descriptions with HREG. HREG can assist PEs in defining internship job descriptions.
- HREG works with community organizations, schools, etc. to share internship job descriptions with candidates and gets them to apply.
- Candidates submits initial applications with résumés and cover letters.
- Initial screening interview is conducted by HREG.
- Second screening is held with HREG and its board committee members.
- HREG sends the PEs two/three top candidates for each role.
- PEs conducts interviews with selected candidates and makes offers to final selections.
- HREG conducts mentoring and goal check-ins every two weeks.
- HREG conducts exit interviews at the end of internship.
Program Benefits to Partner Employers
- Interns accomplish projects/tasks important to PEs’ business goals.
- The only cost to participating PEs is the intern’s hourly rate.
- HREG conducts majority of the screening and interviewing process.
- Foster local talent and strengthen your connections to the community.
- Develop a more equitable recruitment process.
- HREG conducts mentoring and goal check-ins every two weeks to ensure expectations are met, empowering PEs with a framework to participate in ongoing mentorship development.
- Support a more resilient green jobs ecosystem.